Tuesday 6 December 2011

My Friend John...

One of my oldest and dearest friends, John Ekonomakos, never ceases to astonish me as the years go on. Just when I think I know him, and his art practice, so well, he throws me for a loop. During his artist talk today he did this once again! His talk was great. Very fluid. Well articulated. And then, bam! He had me scurrying to grab my phone and make note of two of the deepest and most complex quotes that I've heard recently from someone explaining the intent of their work.

"In order to be innocent, you have to suffer." - John Ekonomakos 

"If you stay static and don't act you will rot from the inside." - John Ekonomakos



Visit John's website to view his work at johnekonomakos.wordpress.com/

Visit John's blog at crescentbeamshower.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment