Sunday 30 October 2011

Art Along My Travels

Bleeding potpourri. When I saw this I began to imagine that one of these little pink figurines had committed suicide, whilst his friend helplessly watched. My mom made that figurine out of clay when she was a child.

These stenciled figures are all around the city. They pop out at you if you walk around downtown with your head down. This one is at the intersection of Dundas and Spadina.

This large drawn mural from a few years ago at OCAD was my phone screensaver for a long time. I wish I had a better resolution photograph of it.


Playing with my coffee at Fran's.

Someone's stock room drawing at a retail store.

Paintings of famous directors outside of an old cinema in a small town up north.

 Graffitti in Kensington Market.

These discarded toilets on College Street were so picturesque I couldn't help myself.

Graffitti on the outskirts of Montreal.



Centre Eaton, Montreal. Fragile, by Montreal street artists Roadsworth and Brian Armstrong. Made from recycled mall garbage accumulated over 8 months.

Outdoor installation about sustainability, Vieux-Montreal.

Bronze sculpture, Vieux-Montreal.

Vieux-Montreal.

Vieux-Montreal.

Downtown Montreal.

These little monsters are wheat-pasted on road signs all over Toronto. This one is on College Street.

Photograph of Marilyn Monroe during one of her visits to Canada.


Sic butter sculptures at the CNE.

The Gabardine.

Some last minute gift wrapping from available materials: newspaper comics and tissue paper.

Mailbox on College Street. I was in a really bad mood when I came across this, but it made me smile.