Saturday 7 January 2012

Gocco Printing

The other day I was craft-gawking and saw that someone had made some "gocco print" journals, and I had no idea what they meant. So I Googled it and found that it is this neat little printmaking machine from Japan that was super popular in the 80's and is now making a come-back...like all things 80's and awesome! You can only create an image that's about 4x6", but it's a pretty cool thing to have at home for making invitations, cards or small-scale editions. I've seen some people use it for making zines on-the-go which is a really awesome idea! Although, seeing as it is a somewhat rare product, which is only found in Japan, I'm not sure how easy it would be to order the special inks, bulbs, or exposure sheets that this machine requires. Never-the-less it's a neat little toy and if I had one I'd probably use it quite a bit. 

Check it out! I've posted 2 different video tutorials

Watch the short nerdy Etsy demo video

OR

Watch the hilariously cheesy in-depth demo video from the 80's
Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment