Thursday 5 January 2012

Kirk Demarais - Film Family Portraits

I caught a glimpse of these portraits at the bottom of a page from Cineplex Magazine back in 2010, with a tiny article titled The Art Of Film. I tore it out and it's been stuck to my bulletin board ever since. I am having a love affair with Kirk Demarais' series Film Family Portraits. What an idea! So clever! And they're so simply and perfectly executed in just pencil crayon alone. Why didn't I think of this first?! Koodos Kirk! I really want one! Perhaps a family portrait from Snatch?! Badass!

The Torrances, inspired by The Shining
I want this one. *Hint Hint Mr. Demarais!*

The Johnsons, inspired by The Jerks

The Hoovers, inspired by Little Miss Sunshine

The Huxtables, inspired by The Cosby Show
Two originals commissioned. One by actress Kristen Wiig. This one by comedian/actor Nick Kroll

The McFlys, inspired by Back To The Future

Check him out at http://www.kirkdemarais.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment