Wednesday 4 January 2012

Gregory Crewdson

In my first year of University I was introduced to the narrative photographic works of artist Gregory Crewdson. His work has resonated with me over the years and he has overwhelmingly become my favourite photographer. Within my own narrative works I have felt that it is the most minute details that can make the difference between holding intrigue or falling flat, being believable or being forgettable. It is these small nuances that I obsess over. Crewdson is the master of this obsession, spending sometimes months working on the most elaborate sets in order to capture that one perfect photograph.His attention to detail, and use of lighting alone are impecable! Every photograph is like a still from a movie. A strange, dream-like moment, heavy with narrative.














View the entire series of photographs in the following slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment